JP Morgan & Chase: Summer Internship for Juniors
Operations & Business Services Summer Internship Development Program
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial
services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than
60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial
services for consumers, small business and commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
We seek highly motivated individuals for opportunities within our
Operations & Business Services Summer Intern Development Program,
which is mirrored after our full-time program. The Summer Intern
Program is primarily for students entering their senior year of
college, with limited opportunities for rising juniors.
Summer Interns within the Operations & Business Services Intern
Development Program execute business Operations and processes, solve
business problems, provide client services, and support business
infrastructure for our internal clients. The Program?s clients consist
of the major lines of business (LOBs) and core functional groups
within JPMorgan Chase, including Investment Bank, Asset Management,
Treasury & Securities Services, and our Corporate Groups. The Program
supports roles within the operations, finance, business management,
client services, risk and HR areas of the business. To learn more
about our businesses, please visit www.jpmorganchase.com.
Operations & Business Services Summer Interns will have the
opportunity to contribute to a specific business within the firm
during the 10 week program.
Training and Development
Operations & Business Services Summer Interns work on assignments involving multi functional skills, with a primary focus on operations, process improvement, project management, client services, technology, reporting and analysis. In addition, Summer Interns participate in a series of activities that give them the opportunity to learn about other areas of the firm and enhance their exposure to the firm’s
diverse businesses and people. These include presentations by senior
business leaders, community service events, and networking
opportunities with their peers, managers, and current full-time
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting trading and settlement activities
- Documentation and reporting
- Supporting large and small scale projects
- Providing P&L and reconciliation support
- Analyzing processes and recommending efficiency improvements
Processing transactions and assessing risks
- Providing client services support
Performing business Management,functions, including MIS support
Identifying control gaps and developing new control procedures
- Working towards a BS/BA degree, preferably a business or
- Preferred GPA of 3.5
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, client –focused
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, & relationship management skills
- Ability to synthesize information to reach logical conclusions; manage projects, evaluate & improve processes & present findings
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, self direction, and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful thinking
- Demonstrated professionalism through previous employment,
internship or school/community leadership experiences.
- Strong Interest in building a long-term career within the business operations & support areas of a major financial services institution
- Strong, proven quantitative & qualitative analytical skills both scholastically and practically
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, & MS Access
- An aptitude for numbers is a must, even for non-business majors.
- Eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
Keep in mind that we hire most of our full-time Analysts from our
Summer Intern Program. Your internship location and LOB assignment
will determine the location and LOB of a potential full-time offer
from the Operations & Business Services Program.
- New York metro area
- Newark / Wilmington, DE
- Columbus, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX