The George Van Amson Fellowship, funded by Community Impact, is a great opportunity to develop your professional skills while supporting a local nonprofit or service learning project!
The deadline for submission is Friday, March 15th, 2013. Download the application here
Three GVA Fellowship opportunities are available:
- Work at a local nonprofit organization in an unpaid position which must be secured by the application deadline.
- Work at Community Impact on a self-initiated project proposal that fulfills a particular organizational need.
- Assist a faculty member in the research and development of a service learning course.
Applicants are required to:
- Complete application information and essay and submit by the deadline of March 15th 2013
- Provide 2 professional and/or academic references with the application
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Level of impact that the intern will have in the organization
- Level of impact the position will have on the Fellow
- How well does the fellowship align with Community Impact’s mission
- Level of passion for the position and depth of understanding for social change
For more information, download the GVA Information Sheet or visit the Frequently Asked Questions page of our website.
Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More at the Upcoming Information Sessions:
- Weds. Feb. 6th, 8pm – Earl Hall, Schiff Room
- Fri. Feb 15th, 12pm – Barnard Career Development
- Tues. Feb 19th, 8:30pm – Barnard, 501 Diana
- Thurs. Feb 21st, 5 PM – Center for Career Education
- Fri. Mar. 1st, 12pm – Earl Hall, Schiff Room